Vaastu Certification Program
Program of Study for Vaastu Consultants
The American University of Mayonic Science and Technology, through the blessings of the world-renowned architect and sculptor, Dr. V. Ganapati Sthapati, offers a program of study that trains and certifies an individual to be a Vaastu Consultant, Level 1 and Level 2. This program is for non -architects who wish to become Certified Vaastu Consultants and architects who wish to become certified Vaastu Architects. The final outcome of these programs may be an Associates degree, a BA/BS, or an MA/MS depending upon prior education, life experience and additional course work.
The Need for Certified Vaastu Consultants
In the past, most structures have been built with little Vaastu supervision due to the sheer problem of logistics. Vaastu architects have lived too far from the place of construction to do more than several site visits. This situation of lack of supervision can lead to numerous mistakes in the proper execution of the building plan resulting in diminished and sometimes harmful results to the inmates. Even in the Motherland of this Science, India, a number of Vaastu structures have been checked against the compass and have been found to be as much as fourteen degrees off from the proper orientation. While it was the mistake of the mason or builder, the end result is that the lives of inmates ultimately suffered. The cause of these mistakes is that the Architect simply did not have time to be present daily through the first few months of construction.
It has been experienced that builders have good intentions but may not fully understand the importance of exactness needed for these structures. Experience has shown that in spite of introductory training in Vaastu Technology with emphasis on accuracy, builders sometimes make significant mistakes in executing the plan. This is common in the industry in general. If a builder is off by a half an inch they simply adjust the plan. Builders may be off as much as a foot and still execute the plan adjusting for discrepancy. In general, builders are accurate only to 1/4 of an inch.
The requirement for birthing a Vaastu structure is 1/16 th of an inch accuracy. The motherwall of a structure is all-important in providing the results of harmony, health, and spiritual bliss in a Vaastu structure. In addition, the exact window and door placement, elevational aspects, toilet, room placements, wall placements, stairwell placement and many other factors play a role in the precise and proper execution of a Vaastu or Mayonic structure. Who will see to the proper execution of these elements?
One cannot expect an architect to devote his or her entire year to the development and growth of one structure. Most Vaastu architects are busy with drafting plans that meet the requirements of Mayonic Science and fulfill the needs of the client. This alone is an arduous task – joyful but time consuming. While a Vaastu architect may choose to be a daily onsite consultant, there is often too much demand for their skill in designing plans to expect that they could be a Vaastu Site Manager in addition to their daily architectural demands.
Here is what people have said about their own experiences:
“I was given the plans for a my Sthapatya Veda house (Vaastu house) by a group of architects specializing in Sthapatya Veda. They were unable to attend the construction. My husband and I found that we had to be onsite every day with our measuring tape throughout the duration of the construction. Each day there were mistakes made by the builder (a very competent and well known builder) that could really affect the outcome of the house. It would have been great to have a certified Vaastu Consultant there to do Vaastu site supervision.”
“I am experienced in building and renovation and have studied Vaastu Science and Technology. Even with my knowledge, I found that mistakes were made under the influence of the shifting Vaastu energy as the building was being built. I am really glad there was a Vaastu Consultant on the site.”
“I have been my own architect and contractor for two houses. I have studied Mayonic Science and Technology for three years, including five months in India with a world famous Mayonic Science (Vaastu ) Architect. Even with my knowledge and studies I have found that there are far too many important details for me to design and build my Vaastu house on my own. In order to experience the maximum benefits of Vaastu, my experience tells me that the job of designing and executing an accurate Vaastu structure is something that requires regular, even daily, supervision for the first four to five months of construction and then regular but less frequent supervision after that. I believe that having a Vaastu Consultant on site for trouble shooting and immediate correction eliminates costly labor and material overruns. While it may seem expensive to hire such a site manager it is cost effective in the long run. This does not eliminate the need for a qualified Vaastu Architect - rather it amplifies the service available for people wanting a properly executed Vaastu home. I am aware that most architects do not have the time to spend on daily site visits so I heartily welcome a program that trains Certified Vaastu Consultants.”
In an effort to honor the needs of the few genuine Vaastu Architects and yet fulfill the need for regular onsite supervision, this program for certification of Vaastu Consultants has been developed.
This program does not replace the great need for Certified Vaastu Architects – rather it ultimately increases the need as Vaastu Consultants are expected to bring much design work to the Certified Vaastu Architect. They will work together in harmony in a reciprocal way to bring about the proper construction of Vaastu buildings.
Delimitations of Level 1 Vaastu Consultant
Successful completion of Professional Certification series and Certification final exam means that you are qualified to work professionally as a Vaastu Consultant in the area of home and office design, rectification and construction supervision of Vaastu elements
- Completion of this course of study and final certification examination gives you the authority to charge for your services as a Vaastu Consultant. In that capacity, you are also authorized to give a half - day introductory lecture on Vaastu Science and Technology to potential clients.
- You will be considered qualified to consult in home and office building up to 5000 square feet and home and office rectification up to 10,000 square feet. This certification does not qualify you to work professionally in multiplex housing (condominiums etc), large office or building construction (over 5,000 sq feet) or community and town planning.
- This course does not imply that you actually know how to build a house or office in terms of engineering and construction skills.
- This course does not qualify you as a Vaastu Architect or Vaastu builder. You may or may not have that expertise at this point but is a required course of study for Architects and builders who want to become certified in Mayonic Science and Technology.
- With this certification you must present your plans to a licensed architect or engineer for structural and engineering issues.
- You may co-consult with the direct help of a certified Vaastu Architect for larger buildings if the architect feels confident in your abilities to do so.
- You may supervise the building of small Vaastu sheds (properly Ayadied) smaller than 15’ by 15’ without supervision providing you feel you have the knowledge and experience.
- You must work under the supervision of a certified Vaastu architect until you complete Level 2 certification. This requirement is in place when construction (tearing down or building) activities are involved. Simple rectification that does not require construction or demolition may be done without supervision.
- You must follow the building codes and guidelines of the locale where the consulting is being done. This certification and its guidelines do not supercede local laws, codes, and regulations.
- With the successful completion of this course of study you will receive a certificate of completion and you may represent yourself as a certified level 1 Vaastu Consultant by the American University of Mayonic Science and Technology.
Total credits for Level 1 certification is 66 semester hours of specified course work. Those hours may result in an Associates degree if applied for. If student has 60 credits from another school they may apply for a BA/BS
In the absence of pre-existing 66 semester credits a student may present a portfolio (see MS&T 435) and receive up to 60 credit units for prior education and experience (certifications of various kinds, and life experience) to add to the certification program credit units and receive a BA/BS. All Vaastu consultants are required to hold a BAmst or BSmst regardless of existing education. All students are encouraged to seek an MAmst or MSmst which is a result of Level 2 certification.
Individuals with a BA/BS may apply for a masters degree, which is covered in a separate section.
What is a Vaastu Consultant?
The Vaastu Purusha Mandala is the exact layout of the Cosmic Structure – Cosmic Being identified by Mamuni Mayan. We conceive and apply this exact replica of Cosmic Space in the bordered built space of a Vaastu house, using numbers purified by Ayadi, so that it too – the house- becomes the exact layout of the Cosmic Structure. This built space then becomes a vibrant living Being that supports the life, health, wellbeing, and spiritual bliss of the inmates.
This is the responsibility of the Vaastu Consultant: to assist in design and supervise the manifestation of the exact layout of the Cosmic Being on this Earthly plane. This means that the Vaastu Consultant is responsible to be present on a regular (initially daily) basis at the building site, with tape in hand, to supervise and verify the construction of this Noble building.
How is it possible to execute such an endeavor? One must be well trained in many aspects of Mayonic Science and Technology including Vastu Science, Vaastu Science and Technology, modern building methods, mathematics, physics, and other related fields.
Moreover, Mayan said:
“Through the power of inner consciousness, the knower of Vastu should know about light aspects and sound aspects of OM pertaining to both inner and outer space. Those who do not realize the creative dynamism of inner space cannot know the dynamism of outer space” (Aintiram: sutras 195,831).
Fundamentally, aside from being trained in the practical aspects of this science – the nuts and bolts - one must gain a direct experience and understanding of the deeper knowledge that forms the foundation of this science. Without a deep exploration and understanding of the foundation of this body of knowledge, just as a house with a bad foundation will crumble to the ground, the Vaastu Consultant will ultimately crumble to the ground from unwise and uneducated decisions executed during the building process.
The following points must be understood by the Vaastu Consultant before they can begin to act in the world as one who births the Cosmic Being:
From Mayans Aintiram, a condensation of Pranava Veda
- All objects of nature are unified entities (forms) of energy and matter.
- The free space is the unified field of energy and matter and source of all forms that we see in material world.
- There are two OMs: OM Light and OM Sound, the former is the source of all visible objects and the latter, the source of all aural forms.
- All material forms of the universe are musical forms or have taken shape on musical rhythm or musical scale.
- Time creates, sustains, and destroys all, so created.
- The primal manifest form of the unmanifest is square (primal wave pattern).
- The primal square pattern is designated as the diagram of embodied energy – Vaastu Purusha Mandala.
- The free space is packed with cubical atoms of energy. They are building blocks of the structure of the universe.
- The cube is micro-abode called Sittravai/Chittrambalam (mini hall in Tamil).
- Within the hall there is a vertical luminous shaft called Brahma Sutra (Oli nool).
- This Olinool/Brahma Sutra is a shaft of consciousness also called Moolathoon/Moolasthambham.
- This shaft of consciousness vibrates in a particular order called rhythm. This is the order of nature.
- This rhythmic vibration of the shaft of consciousness is the dance of Shiva, the Space.
- The micro space, in the cubical shape is fetus, Garbha or Bindu. This is known as Vinkaru in Tamil.
- This micro abode is the repository of light and sound.
- The free space is Light and the Light is Moolam or source of the universe and universal forms. Light is Brahman, Atman, Vastu Brahman – Nun porul in Tamil.
- The embodied energy is Vaastu Brahman/Vaastu Purushan. The space enclosed in a building is Prasada Purushan – energized building – Building is a living organism, built of musical units of measure.
- Architecture is the supreme achievement of mathematics.
- Mathematics is rooted in the dynamism of Absolute Time.
- Time is the vibration of Space.
- Time and Space are equal.
- Time is one of the subtle elements of Space (akasa).
- Time is the causal element of all objects of the Universe.
- The microcosmic structure is in total identity with macrocosmic structure.
- The supreme space is throbbing every moment to express itself out.
- Through the power of inner consciousness, the knower of Vastu should know about light aspects and sound aspects of OM pertaining to both inner and outer space.
- Those who do not realize the creative dynamism of inner space cannot know the dynamism of outer space (195,831).
The supervision and use of these principles in the material world is the task of the Vaastu Consultant.
Mayan dictates the qualifications of a Sthapati and assistant in his Mayamata. While the Level 1 Vaastu Consultant is not fully considered a Sthapati, she or he must meet the requirements of character set forth by Mamuni Mayan as follows:
The Sthapati is one qualified with the right to establish buildings. He must be well versed in all sciences. He must be just and compassionate. He must be handsome and free from any weakness. He must be a mathematician with knowledge of history and the land. He must be straightforward and capable of controlling his senses. He must be a good draftsman, be widely traveled. He must be free from seven types of vices. He must have a good name and be strong willed. He must have crossed the ocean of the science of
The Sutragrahi is either his son or his disciple. He always follows the directions and instructions of the
Sthapati. He is skilled in all the arts. He must be an expert in applying Shastric measures and in the use of measuring instruments. He must me an expert marker. He must be well experienced in the application of length, breadth and depth on every member to be carved and to go into construction.
Mayan did not take this occupation lightly and neither does the American University of Mayonic Science and Technology. The individual who takes on the task of birthing Vaastu structures must be well trained and of high personal integrity.
While the ideas put forth by Mamuni Mayan (27 points above) may seem unfamiliar or perhaps abstract, their meaning and significance becomes clear through thoughtful study. As a student of The American University of Mayonic Science and Technology, one delves more deeply into the science of Vastureva vaastu - energy becoming matter through the manifestation process. This process of deepening understanding and, in fact consciousness itself, occurs as a result of becoming certified as a Vaastu Consultant. This process is enriching beyond comprehension.